Assistant General Manager
Holiday Inn Express Troy
Make your next career step a giant leap. We are searching for an Assistant General Manager to step-up and provide key leadership direction to maximize financial returns, drive people development and empower our team to create memorable guest experiences.
A little taste of your day-to-day
Every day is different, but you will mostly be:
- Working as your General Manager’s trusted second-in-command – also acting as manager on duty in their absence
- Directing everyday activity to enable your team to deliver exceptional guest experiences
- Building relationships with guests and external contacts such as current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers and local communities
- Managing, coaching and developing a team that is dedication to exceptional customer service.
- Helping your General Manager to develop, implement and monitor financial and operating plans to safeguard guest satisfaction and promote profitability
What we need from you
- Two to Three years’ hotel or other highly relevant hospitality experience and/or Bachelor’s degree, higher education qualification or equivalent in Hotel Administration / Business Administration
- Ability to deal with difficult interactions and work under pressure
- Managerial experience working in a customer service function
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of different work situations
- A passion for delivering an exceptional level of guest service
What you can expect from us
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
We are always excited to meet new people and help them feel welcome in our place of employment! We look forward to talking to you about the opportunities we have available!