Assistant General Manager (AGM)
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Huron
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the hotel operations including guest services/night audit, housekeeping/laundry, food and beverage, maintenance, and vendor/supplies to ensure superior guest satisfaction while maximizing hotel profitability. The AGM assists the General Manager (GM) in the day-to-day operations and serves at the acting manager in the GM’s absence. This position is a training position for GM. The AGM works the GM on a daily basis to learn, understand, and execute all management functions of a company GM.
Two to Three years’ hotel or other highly relevant hospitality experience and/or hospitality degree from an accredited university. Same brand experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including mastery of developing and maintaining client relations and networking in order to successfully drive existing and new business.
- Must have interpersonal skills and commitment to internal customer service standards.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be able to multi-task, a self-starter, and have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must have strong computer skills and be able to operate the Property Management System.
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in hotel.
- Must be able to work all shifts and be flexible in the amount of works hours at the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and assist General Manager with basic accounts payable/accounts receivable functions, along with P&L analysis and budgeting.
- Control costs at same time as protecting the assets of the hotel.
- Turn in all paperwork in a timely manner with precision and exactness.
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and annual property cash handling procedures, deposits, and security.
- Ensure any irregularities are recorded in appropriate locations and brought to the attention of the GM and/or corporate.
- Create and maintain a strong team with great cohesiveness.
- Under the direction of the General Manager, effectively hire, train, and hold accountable the entire staff of the hotel. Hire without any discrimination or bias.
- Understand and execute company’s coaching and disciplinary policies.
- Ensure team members Brand and Company’s educational standards are met and documented to brand standards.
- Motivate team to drive revenue.
- Understand sales effort within the market and drive both Occupancy and ADR.
- When directed, assist with sales calls to top accounts and new accounts and constantly be engaged in the sales efforts.
- Assist with account maintenance, prospecting, qualifying, and closing pertinent pieces of business.
- Understand the workings of a hotel. Deliver a consistently clean and well-maintained hotel.
- Effectively execute and maintain all front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, and F&B logistics.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates. This includes passing all brand Quality Assurance Audits and Local Inspections.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships. Effectively respond to guests regarding service challenges
- Use technology platforms to drive guest experience scores
- Work with General Manager to achieve brand and corporate goals (daily, monthly, and annually).
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes on-going hotel inspections and maintaining records to company and brand standards.
Enhance the hotel’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Public, business atmosphere, in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Outdoor maintenance of property grounds, as needed. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.