Dual Sales Manager (Alpena & Gaylord)
Dual Sales Manager
Are you passionate about Hospitality? Are you a successful and proven Sales Manager looking for an exciting new opportunity? Amerilodge Group is hiring for a Dual Sales Manager to work with our Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Alpena, MI and Gaylord, MI & our Hilton by Tru in Gaylord, MI. This position will be responsible for driving sales and increasing our customer accounts with both accounts. We are looking for someone who is well-organized, hard-working, and driven to succeed. If this sounds like you, submit your resume today!
The Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Alpena and Gaylord & the Tru by Hilton in Gaylord are both owned and operated by Amerilodge Group. Amerilodge Group is a rapidly growing hospitality company with hotels throughout Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. We provide a solid Corporate Support Structure to our Hotel Management so that they can focus on guests and staff on a daily basis. We work hard, and play hard too, and provide frequent opportunities for training and group outings to network with staff throughout the portfolio. Our CEO has created an “extended family” culture throughout the company that supports this. The ideal candidate will embrace this culture.
Benefits Available to You:
As a Dual Sales Manager with Amerilodge Group, you will be eligible to take part in a Comprehensive Benefit Plan with the company. First of all, you will be eligible for a Sales Manager Bonus Plan after 90 days. In addition, you will be eligible for our Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, along with STD/LTD, and Life Insurance. We also offer Flexible Spending, Employee Brand Discounts, Employee Referral Bonuses, and an Employee Assistance Plan.
Under minimal direction and reporting to the Director of Sales and the Vice President of Sales and Marketing, the Sales Manager performs and executes account development of each hotel managed by Amerilodge Group. The Sales Manager will work with the Director of Sales and the General Manager to uncover new account potential and current account saturation to increase REV/PAR for each individual property. In addition, the Sales Manager will assist the Director of Sales and the Vice President of Sales and Marketing in the planning and execution of various marketing opportunities. It is every employee’s duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Additional studies in hospitality are encouraged, along with previous Sales Manager experience. Same brand experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Must be flexible and committed to the team concept
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company
- Maintain sales policies and procedures for standardization purposes
- Know Brand Standards and Brand Guest Loyalty Program Enrollment Requirements and Benefits
- Follow-up on market intelligence in existing and target markets
- Monitor sales forecast, selling strategies, and promotions in frequent guest program benefits
- Assist and coordinate NHOP
- Execute monthly action plans
- Negotiate and maintain LNR accounts
- RFP process for national accounts
- Managing all Group business consisting of 10+/night including Meeting Broker, Hotel Planner etc.
- Participate in trade shows, representing all Amerilodge managed properties
- Establish relationships with market(s) CVB and Chamber
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times
- Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet
- Possess knowledge of hotel reservation and cancellation procedures
- Develop a thorough knowledge of hotel staff, services, room locations, room rates, amenities, and hotel surroundings (i.e. mall, restaurants, and medical facilities).
- Provide the highest quality of customer service to the guest at all times
- Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a lasting impression
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role
Public, business atmosphere in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Travel, in personal vehicle, within markets to accomplish above duties and responsibilities. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,600.00 per year