Food and Beverage Shift Lead
Holiday Inn Battle Creek
Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service. It is every employee’s duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required, College Degree in hospitality preferred. Previous Food and Beverage required.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must be able to read and speak English clearly.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy kitchen, restaurant, and public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and maintain professionalism in appearance and behavior.
- Must be of minimum age to serve alcohol in state of hotel operation.
- Must be able to compute basic mathematical calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Must be able to perform all food and beverage job responsibilities and operate all equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations, ensuing quality standards and the meeting of the guests’ expectation occurs on a daily basis,
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company. Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times. Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Directly responsible for guest satisfaction and event satisfaction scores related to F&B service, quality of food and presentation scores.
- Ensure staff working together as a team to ensure optimum service and guest needs are met.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Complete opening and closing duties including setting up/restocking necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking equipment doors, etc.
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness.
- Complete scheduled inventories and stock and order necessary supplies.
- Monitor seating availability, service, safety and well-being of guests.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating, and coaching employees; and serve as role model and first point of contact in delivering Fair Treatment and an Open Door Policy.
- Complete inventories, as required.
- Set-up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Take orders from customers, input orders into point of sale system (ex: micros), and obtain payment and provide change.
- Answer questions on menu selection.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- If serving guests at table/bar, ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Prepare food, coffee, and other beverages, including alcohol.
- Prepare all orders and collect payment from customers.
- Provide assistance in Food and Beverage areas including busing, cleaning and resetting tables, delivering food to guests, general cleaning of food and beverage prep areas and other areas within the lobby area.
- Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank.
- Know and follow service recovery model. Report guest complaints to management.
- Ensure all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Use wet floor signs, as required. Report any injuries or unsafe conditions to management.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriate to concerns of others.
- Know and be able to execute Emergency Procedures.
- Complete opening and closing duties, as assigned. Complete the shift work Checklist as assigned.
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role.
- Ensure that banquets are set up according to the BEO. Communicate with sales regarding upcoming events.
- Not sure how to word it but they will also share being an MOD for the entire hotel when no other manager is on staff
- Assist the front desk when needed / They are going to be cross trained on the front desk
- Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located in building in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.