Baymont by Wyndham Howell/Brighton
Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service. Beginning with guest reservations and to continue through the checkout process, it is every employee’s duty and passion to see that all guest needs will be handled in an efficient, gracious and professional manor.
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Previous hotel or apartment complex experience is a bonus.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and maintain professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times.
- Greet every customer with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Represent efficiency and friendliness in a manner that leaves a lasting impression.
- Respond to all pages and radio calls immediately.
- Must be capable of operating hand and power tools.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, specifications and operating instructions.
- Complete work orders in timely manner. Notify property manager of maintenance issues.
- Cross train co-workers when necessary.
- Maintain fire panel and ensure required training/drills are completed.
- Must be able to dismantle equipment and install replacement parts.
- Ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and secured.
- Make basic repairs to masonry, woodwork and furnishings; patch or replace drywall; paint; lay flooring (linoleum, tile, carpet, etc.); install wallpaper; and clean and repair PTAC units
- May bend/cut conduit pipe, wire and drill holes in walls, floors and ceiling for connections; clean clogged drains and replace plumbing fixtures; connect water supplies and drainage pipelines and perform simple wiring and maintenance repair.
- Record daily checklist, meter readings, pool and spa readings, temperature logs, and forward logs (if applicable).
- Mow grass; trim and edge around walks, flowerbeds and walls; prune shrubs; shape trees to improve growth and remove damaged leaves, branches, and twigs.
- Maintain and sharpen equipment; including refilling gas and oil.
- Plant, fertilize, water, use herbicides and insecticides to maintain grass, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Maintain Grounds. This includes: Snow removal, salt spreading, picking up litter, raking, bagging and burning of leaves, cleaning of drainage ditches and culverts, and sprinkler system as required.
- Complete all assigned PM’s (preventative maintenance) to brand standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow associates. Use wet floor signs as required. Report any injuries, unsafe conditions, or suspicious activity to management immediately.
- Maintain MSDS Sheets in accordance with OSHA.
- Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves and goggles when handling chemicals.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
- Practice energy conservation at all times.
- Know location of all guestrooms and meeting room(s) throughout the hotel.
- Must maintain acceptable inspection grades and brand audit score.
- Maintain relationship and expectations of all 3rd party contractors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must successfully complete education related to assigned duties and role.